Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thrive is where it is at

Today was my 1 day a month that I meet with 5 other ministers for the day. We share about our ministries, read books together, challenge one another and pray together. One of my favorite days of the month. WE call this our Thrive Group.

Today was great. There was only 4 of us there, but we had a great time. It is so sweet to hear how God is working in each of our churches and to help encourage one another for the struggles and obstacles we each face. I am thankful for Jim Marcus, my friend and our missionary who helps lead this group. He is so patient with us as he encourages us to move forward in our ministries. I am so excited that my friends church is becoming more revitalized after 11 years of decline. I am going to recommend that some of my other friends attend there. It is so much closer to their new house and they have really been struggling to stay involved here at Westside. That is hard to do, but it must be about the Kingdom and not about Westside. Boy, I sound spiritual when I say that, but I have to be honest I really would love to keep them here.

God has still been working in my life of prayer this week. I have been trying to be more prayerful and more faithful in my prayers. Not faithful like doing it more, but seeking to have more faith in my prayers.

I am praying for my kids that they will chase after God like nothing else in their lives.
I am praying for my wife that God will bring total healing for His Glory.
I am praying for my church that God will strengthen us as we go forward together.
I am praying for our new ministry Side by Side
I am praying for each member of our church directory that they take another step toward Christ.

I am late for supper, so I better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment