Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Catching Up

Wow!!! What a week. The last 10 days have been a blur. Dad had a heart attack. I flew out to Arkansas as soon as I could. Praise God he is doing great and we are all back home. It is so awesome how God uses even the worst things in our lives to bless us. I had such a great time with my Grandpa and Grandma. I had not seen their new place in Cabot, AR before. Loved seeing my Uncle Joe and Aunt Joyce. And had the best time with cousin Marsha and her Husband Jay. God so blessed me through them and their generosity of opening up their home for us to stay in after dad got out of the hospital. It was awesome to hear how God has been working in their lives and helping them take their next step toward him.

Being back is quite the rush. Trying to get back up to speed on all that is happening here at home and at church. My new friend lost his mother while I was gone and then this morning his brother passed away. It is so hard to know how to help in times like this. He is such a great guy and is really searching but this makes it so hard. I wish I had words to make this all better. But to be honest I got nothing. Pray for John and Diana and all of their family.

I am torn today, because I would love to be up north with Kevin at our pastors retreat, but I have really missed my family and feel like I need to be here for a while. God has helped me as I look ahead at our upcoming series this week to really make some progress in the sermon's for March. "Doing the Unthinkable"

Also in the midst of catching up today I realized that we have to keep looking ahead. Lot's of things to plan for this spring and summer.

Do you really ever catch up, or do you just keep chasing that elusive ball called life.

I am just thankful that I do not have to make it all work and mesh together. I may feel like I need to catch up, but God knows where I am and He has me right where He wants me.

1 comment:

  1. HANG IN THERE ED. GOD WILL BLESS YOU FOR YOUR DEVOTION AND CARING. WE HAD A REALLY GOOD TIME WITH YOU HERE JUST WISH IT HAD BEEN UNDER OTHER HAPPENINGS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO GRAD AND GETTING TO SEE TAMMIE AND THE KIDDOS.. GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete