Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here comes the snow


Can you believe it. It is snowing again. It's the middle of March and I thought that winter had gone, but I should have known better. Well I guess I can try out my snow blower since I just got it fixed. Glad I had a couple of backups this year for my driveway since my snow blower was on the fritz. You guessed it, Justin and Aldo. Even when the snow blower broke, these two strong young men are still able. Isn't having kids great!!!!

Not going to let the snow curb my enthusiasm for this weekend. "Do the Unthinkable and Get Honest with God." It is going to be hard to follow up on this last weeks service. I think it really struck a chord in the lives of many people. But God has a plan for this week also and I am excited for us to discover why we need to Do the Unthinkable and get honest with God.

It is so great to serve a God who knows everything about us and cares about us and who can actually do something about our circumstances. I hope others will be as blessed as I am to know that God is the one who holds us all together.

Oh yes, another thing to praise God for. I finally got my diploma, I am officially gradutated or graduated or whatever from cemetery or is it seminary. I am just overjoyed to be done, but I do already miss my classes. At Rockbridge Seminary the classes are so practical that sometimes they do no seem like class work, but just real ministry. I am so thankful for Rockbbridge and all of my great proffessors there. Special thanks to my friend and mentor Larry Allen for walking with me all the way through this process. Also to president Daryl Eldridge who has been such a good friend, mentor and encourager to me making it through.

Well I better get going on my sermon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment